Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Chapter 23: Zagreb

Spent pretty much all day wandering around Zagreb, and really enjoyed it. Lots of statues, wide open areas (like parks and squares), and also some of the typical European buildings.. like your churches and theatres etc.

Also had the utter crap scared out of me in front of Lotrščak Tower. I didn't realise that at every day, at noon, they fire this cannon from the top of the tower. Its a real earth shattering kaboom, I was thinking a bomb had gone off or something.

It really is worth a visit here, and I'm not getting paid by the Zagreb tourist commission or anything.

Later that night, I went to "pick up" Dorotea at her hotel, The Regent Esplanade. When I arrived, she sent a text to come up to the room - just so she could show off the luxury accomodation. Talk about swish!

Went out for dinner at Boban's, which was good. Wasn't exactly a massive celebration, Dorotea was off the booze and I was feeling sick since breakfast (dodgy hotdog maybe). However, it was nice to spend my last night with my Croatian teacher. I couldn't think of anyone else more fitting. Without her, I probably wouldn't have been in Croatia, let alone Zagreb.

And with that, my trip was over! I'm about to go jump on a plane, and spend 30 odd hours doing a whole lot of nothing. Not looking forward to it, but what can you do?

See you soon, Australia.



No comments:

Post a Comment