Sunday, September 27, 2009

Chapter 20: Budva

I think Budva pretty much halved our group down the middle, in terms of those who liked it, and those who thought it was cheap and tacky. I'm somewhere in between. I liked the old town, and the views from our little boat trip were great. Admittedly, the boat did stop for lunch in a nicer town than Budva, but what can you do.

It did have a lot of the usual tourist traps, but the beach lifestyle reminded me a little of Ohrid. I still prefer the good old sand between your toes though, rather than pebbles... or lowering yourself in off a rock for that matter. The water was once again quite clear, but Tadas tells us Dubrovnik is even better. Least it wasn't all that cold.

What else to say? We bummed around town, swam at the beach, had a boat ride, drank cocktails (which sadly didn't have manly umbrellas)... um... yeah, that's Budva.


1 comment: