I didn't really mind Belgrade, but I've seen it... and don't have any massive desire to go back. I felt like I had seen all I needed to see.
We stayed in this student accommodation, about 15 mins out of town. Wasn't anything flash, but there were pretty young things all over the place, and cheap food/grog nearby. One of the shops there, I think would make for a good franchise in Australia. Its like a butcher, you go in and select your meat out of the 1000's of choices. I chose chevapi wrapped in prosciutto looking stuff (when too much meat is never enough). They even had an entire pig on a spit, slowly being smoked.
Once you've selected the meat, they cook it up for you and pop it on some Turkish bread. You then just choose whatever salads and sauces you want. All up it cost us prob less than $2.
Had lunch on the Danube again, this time with Sandra. We were walking around Zemun, the old town. Came back that evening and we bought several 2L bottles of beer from the supermarket, which were also less than $2 AUD each! Have to get rid of those dinars somehow.
We then all crammed into one room, and had a bit of a patio party. Bunch of us, sitting around on makeshift furniture, drinking cheap booze... sounds like students alright.
No comments:
Post a Comment